From: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io> on behalf of Delmar Larsen via groups.io <delmar@...>
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 6:15 PM
To: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Libretexts-ConstructionForum] statistics on usage?

Sure. I attached the report to this message. The upshot is 48,871 pageviews and 69 days of reading. I don't see any self-reported adoptions for your text, but I do think others have remixed parts of for their book. I don't have a system in place to track that and get you statistics about that. I hope to have something set up in the summer that provides a "flow" chart of how your pages get dispersed on our platform (if I can get the visualization people going on it).

Delmar Larsen

On 2/22/2021 6:25 PM, Anna Mills wrote:
Thank you so much, Delmar!  I didn't want to bug you.  This is great to know.  So "Entrances" are individual sessions engaging with the book?  There's no measure of unique visitors, it looks like.

The PDF report will give you unique visitors too (previous emial).

A flow chart of how pages from the book are remixed elsewhere would be amazing.  I was intrigued to find that theconversation.com uses some kind of hit counter that keeps tracking hits when articles are used on other websites.

yeah, but only if some code/file it attached to it to monitor that information. This is very fragile in our case since we sanitize text/code constantly as part of our harvesting process.

Anna Mills

I must be missing something--don't see unique visitors.  The PDF I have is just one page, focused on pages.
When I click on the "Go to report" link it says I don't have permission.

Good to know on the hit counter.

Thank you so much, Delmar!  I didn't want to bug you.  This is great to know.  So "Entrances" are individual sessions engaging with the book?  There's no measure of unique visitors, it looks like.

The PDF report will give you unique visitors too (previous emial).

A flow chart of how pages from the book are remixed elsewhere would be amazing.  I was intrigued to find that theconversation.com uses some kind of hit counter that keeps tracking hits when articles are used on other websites.

yeah, but only if some code/file it attached to it to monitor that information. This is very fragile in our case since we sanitize text/code constantly as part of our harvesting process.

Delmar Larsen

Second column on the left:

On 2/22/2021 7:22 PM, Anna Mills wrote:
[...]

If you are an instructor or student using LibreTexts in your class it would help us greatly if you would fill out this form: http://tinyurl.com/AdoptionLibre

Request Instructor's account via https://tinyurl.com/Register4Libre
Request harvesting of OER resource into LibreTexts via https://tinyurl.com/HarvestRequest

Full Construction Guide: https://tinyurl.com/LibreConstructionGuide
Construction Forum https://libretexts-constructionforum.groups.io/g/main
Discipline Specific Forums https://tinyurl.com/LibreAreaForums
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/LibreTexts

Delmar Larsen

You will notice that your book is also responsible for 2% of the entire Humanities traffic. This isn't bad.

Delmar

[...]

Josh Halpern

Hi Anna

Saw your exchange with Delmar in the group.io To find others at libretexts that are using your book

Just type your name in the search box and look at the return or use this URL

Karen Woodring from Harrisburg Area CC in PA is using your book

Bob Wycoff from Housatonic CC is using at least chapters

Laura Gilbert from Community College of Allegheny County is using at least chapters

A couple of others have chapters in their sandboxes.

Also use this search string in google to pick up non-libretexts use
"How Arguments Work - A Guide to Writing and Analyzing Texts in College" -site:libretexts.org

For example your book is featured at the Los Angeles Valley College Library site

Best
Josh Halpern
jhalpern@...
Twitter: @JoshHalpern5