responsive table not viewable on mobile or any small window #accessibility #Formatting

Anna Mills

A colleague just emailed me because he wanted to assign a page from my book but it wasn't showing up properly. My responsive table behaves fine when I resize the window down to a certain point, at which point it just turns into a verticle row of single characters.  The table looks that way on my phone as well.
I'm working on https://human.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/Composition/Advanced_Composition/Book%3A_How_Arguments_Work_-_A_Guide_to_Writing_and_Analyzing_Texts_in_College_(Mills)/06%3A_The_Research_Process/05%3A_Types_of_Sources

Do I need to provide a table alternative that is plain text each time to prevent this and allow students to see the content on their phones? Or is there a workaround?
Thanks!
Anna

Delmar Larsen

Fixed. You had some screw code in the html of the table. I deleted it and it works as expected for rendering large tables on small screens. Please confirm on your side.

Delmar

On 10/4/2022 3:10 PM, Anna Mills wrote:
A colleague just emailed me because he wanted to assign a page from my book but it wasn't showing up properly. My responsive table behaves fine when I resize the window down to a certain point, at which point it just turns into a verticle row of single characters.  The table looks that way on my phone as well.
I'm working on https://human.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/Composition/Advanced_Composition/Book%3A_How_Arguments_Work_-_A_Guide_to_Writing_and_Analyzing_Texts_in_College_(Mills)/06%3A_The_Research_Process/05%3A_Types_of_Sources

Do I need to provide a table alternative that is plain text each time to prevent this and allow students to see the content on their phones? Or is there a workaround?
Thanks!
Anna

Please if you would let us know if you are using LibreTexts in your class: https://adopt.libretexts.org
Weekly Libretexts Office Hours Zoom meetings (open to all) on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 am (PDT): https://officehours.libretexts.org/

Request Instructor Account: https://register.libretexts.org/
Request Harvesting of OER Resource: https://harvest.libretexts.org/
Full Construction Guide: https://construct.libretexts.org/
Construction Forum: https://libretexts-constructionforum.groups.io/g/main
RealTime Chat: https://chat.libretexts.org

Anna Mills

Oh, that’s fantastic—thank you!! Yes, it shows up well on my phone now.