photo and images disappeared and need to be entered twice

Pham, Ly-Huong T.

The team members on the EVC campus have had problems with images disappearing after the first save.  They had to enter twice to have it saved, which is time-consuming for some of the image-heavy projects.  Could you please look into this and let us know?

Delmar Larsen

I need to see this in action to test out - either via zoom or via a video.

Delmar

On 10/30/2022 3:11 PM, Pham, Ly-Huong T. wrote:
The team members on the EVC campus have had problems with images disappearing after the first save.  They had to enter twice to have it saved, which is time-consuming for some of the image-heavy projects.  Could you please look into this and let us know?

Please if you would let us know if you are using LibreTexts in your class: https://adopt.libretexts.org
Weekly Libretexts Office Hours Zoom meetings (open to all) on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 am (PDT): https://officehours.libretexts.org/

Request Instructor Account: https://register.libretexts.org/
Request Harvesting of OER Resource: https://harvest.libretexts.org/
Full Construction Guide: https://construct.libretexts.org/
Construction Forum: https://libretexts-constructionforum.groups.io/g/main
RealTime Chat: https://chat.libretexts.org

Gustlin, Deborah Z.

I can zoom tomorrow afternoon?

Dr. Deborah Gustlin

Evergreen Valley College

Art History Instructor

Cybersecurity CAUTION: This email came from outside SJECCD. Do not open attachments, click on links or provide any information if you don’t fully recognize the sender or the content.

[...]

Could you send a couple of the URLs for the pictures that disappeared?

Josh Halpern

On Sun, Oct 30, 2022 at 6:11 PM Pham, Ly-Huong T. <Ly-Huong.Pham@...> wrote:
[...]

OK, Delmar can explain it better than I can, but Wikipedia is limiting hotlinking of images which I suspect is what was done. In any case we really want images to be imported into our library. This may or may be allowed for a period of time and we have a bot to convert hotlinked images to native LibreTexts images

There is a section of the construction guide that deals with this

One way is to copy the image file to your computer and then bring it into your book. There may be simpler ones.

Josh Halpern

On Sun, Oct 30, 2022 at 9:41 PM Gustlin, Deborah Z. <deborah.gustlin@...> wrote:

Dr. Deborah Gustlin

Evergreen Valley College

Art History Instructor

Cybersecurity CAUTION: This email came from outside SJECCD. Do not open attachments, click on links or provide any information if you don’t fully recognize the sender or the content.

Could you send a couple of the URLs for the pictures that disappeared?

Josh Halpern

On Sun, Oct 30, 2022 at 6:11 PM Pham, Ly-Huong T. <Ly-Huong.Pham@...> wrote:
The team members on the EVC campus have had problems with images disappearing after the first save.  They had to enter twice to have it saved, which is time-consuming for some of the image-heavy projects.  Could you please look into this and let us know?

Gustlin, Deborah Z.

How do I bring my photo file into my book? We use a lot of images from Wikipedia. We have never had any issues in the past, so is this something new?

Dr. Deborah Gustlin

Evergreen Valley College

Art History Instructor

Cybersecurity CAUTION: This email came from outside SJECCD. Do not open attachments, click on links or provide any information if you don’t fully recognize the sender or the content.

Could you send a couple of the URLs for the pictures that disappeared?

Josh Halpern

On Sun, Oct 30, 2022 at 6:11 PM Pham, Ly-Huong T. <Ly-Huong.Pham@...> wrote:
The team members on the EVC campus have had problems with images disappearing after the first save.  They had to enter twice to have it saved, which is time-consuming for some of the image-heavy projects.  Could you please look into this and let us know?

Josh Halpern

It's popped up but as a general rule once we became aware of it we run the image importer bot over all new books before compiling them so it is only an issue in older books (and now sandboxes, they used to allow two weeks grace time).

As to what happened and how to avoid it see the attached video

Regards

Tuesdays and Thursday  at 9:00am (PDT): https://officehours.libretexts.org