moving out of the sandbox #courseshells

kleiman@...

Hi:  Im new at this and I'm not sure how to proceed. I am working on a book for my class. I wrote some pages on my own and included most  pages from other libretexts.  My version of the book is not 100% ready, but classes start  next week and I'd like to have it  "published" but continue to work on it.  Is this possible?

or another option is to publish some chapters and add more chapters later , as they become ready, is this also possible?
Valeria

Delmar Larsen

Valeria:

I created a UFL course shell for you and moved your book into it.

https://chem.libretexts.org/Courses/University_of_Florida/CHM2047%3A_One-Semester_General_Chemistry_(Kleinman)

I ran a multi-check bot over the book and then compiled it so you can have the export options you may like (give it 5 minutes). The book is public and your students can view it if you give the URL out (or embed into your LMS).

You can continue to edit in the new location without limitation.

kleiman@...

Thanks Delmar.  Please note  that my last name is misspelled .  it is Kleiman, not Kleinman.

Could I also have my name as an individual (not as a group)  to label the pages I wrote from scratch?

Valeria

Delmar Larsen

I fixed your name. Sorry.

I will make an author bar for you so you can label those pages properly. Give me a few hours.

Delmar

kleiman@...

Hi Delmar:

Should I see my name in the author list by now?  I dont' find it, so I wonder if I'm looking in the wrong place

Valeria

Delmar Larsen

Sorry. I was slow. I added it to the Chemistry library and grabbed a pic. If you want the pic to change, let me know.