Is there a way to make pages that won't show up in the chapter listing?

Anna Mills

I want to offer alternate accessible versions of some PDF files as LibreTexts pages, but I don't want these sub-pages listed next to the sections on the chapter landing page. Thanks!

Delmar Larsen

Accessibility requirements say we need one export option and we are putting out eggs in the EPUB3 output. This is MUCH easier to ensure accessibility requirements than the PDF. I am unsure if that factors into your plans.

Do you want to accessible to everyone?

Joshua Hori

My preference is ePub3 output as well. It’s similar to accessing webpages and will be familiar to the user.

ePub can be printed as PDF or on paper for those who prefer those formats.

Joshua

Accessibility requirements say we need one export option and we are putting out eggs in the EPUB3 output. This is MUCH easier to ensure accessibility requirements than the PDF. I am unsure if that factors into your plans.

Delmar

Anna Mills

Oh interesting!  Maybe I should convert the PDFs to EPUB eventually then.  What I'm talking about now is the LibreTexts page I made as an accessible version since the PDF isn't accessible.

Anna Mills

But my question is really about listings with the Chapter's  ShowOrg template.  It automatically lists everything associated with the chapter, even subpages.  I need to add more subpages but they will really clog up the table of contents.  You can see how 7.5 below has an associated subpage.  Can we exclude those from the TOC?
Thanks, Anna

Anna Mills

I should clarify that the original PDFs are just included as attachments to the page they relate to. But when I made a version in the LibreTexts editor, of course, it shows up as its own subpage, not an attachment.

Delmar Larsen

I need to modify the code slightly for that. I will get you it this weekend.

On 3/18/2021 3:44 PM, Anna Mills wrote:
But my question is really about listings with the Chapter's  ShowOrg template.  It automatically lists everything associated with the chapter, even subpages.  I need to add more subpages but they will really clog up the table of contents.  You can see how 7.5 below has an associated subpage.  Can we exclude those from the TOC?
Thanks, Anna

If you are an instructor or student using LibreTexts in your class it would help us greatly if you would fill out this form: http://tinyurl.com/AdoptionLibre

Request Instructor's account via https://tinyurl.com/Register4Libre
Request harvesting of OER resource into LibreTexts via https://tinyurl.com/HarvestRequest

Full Construction Guide: https://tinyurl.com/LibreConstructionGuide
Construction Forum https://libretexts-constructionforum.groups.io/g/main
Discipline Specific Forums https://tinyurl.com/LibreAreaForums
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/LibreTexts

Anna Mills

Okay, very cool, thanks!

[...]

Hey!  Just cycling back on this--does it look possible?  I'd still love to clean up some of my chapter landing pages so they don't list all the subpages...thanks!

Delmar Larsen

Anna:

We can make this a standard thing over the page setting, but I am trying to avoid complicating things.

For now, if you paste this code into the HTML of the relevant pages, it will do what you want:

<pre class="script-css">
.mt-listings-simple li {
   display:none !important;
}</pre>

Let me know if this works or doesn't for you.
Delmar

Anna Mills

Edited

That will do perfectly! I understand the desire not to add more tags.  However, it doesn't seem to have worked yet--but maybe I need to wait for something to compile?  I'm looking at Chapter 3 and the pages I want to hide from the TOC are 3.8.1, 3.8.2, and 3.10.1. I put the code at the top of their HTML.  Should I move it?

}

Let me know if this works or doesn't for you.

Anna:

It appears part of the code didn't process through the forum properly. I updated the complete text to Chapter 3. This is CSS and should go in a CSS block. You can add that from the style options in the editor or just copy the top HTML code from the Chapter 3 top level and past into the other sections.

Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Delmar

[Edited Message Follows]

Please if you would let us know if you are using LibreTexts in your class: https://adopt.libretexts.org
Weekly Libretexts Office Hours Zoom meetings (open to all) on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 am (PDT): https://officehours.libretexts.org/