From: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io> on behalf of Pham, Ly-Huong T. via groups.io <Ly-Huong.Pham@...>
Date: Friday, November 4, 2022 at 5:52 PM
To: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io>
Subject: [Libretexts-ConstructionForum] How do I format a table with lines?

[Edited Message Follows]

I looked under format and style but can't find an option to format a table with gridlines.  Is there such a stylesheet or some other way of making gridlines for a table?

Delmar Larsen

This helps, but we need to make some CSS standards you can pick from to style your tables. We will get that addressed in a few days and let the thread know.

On 11/7/2022 12:37 PM, Joshua Hori via groups.io wrote:

If you run the Accessiblity Checker within libretext after importing, it’ll create an accessible table with the gridlines you’re looking for.

https://blog.libretexts.org/2022/09/26/checking-in-with-libretexts-accessibility-checker/

~ Joshua

From: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io> on behalf of Pham, Ly-Huong T. via groups.io <Ly-Huong.Pham@...>
Date: Friday, November 4, 2022 at 5:52 PM
To: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io>

[Edited Message Follows]

I looked under format and style but can't find an option to format a table with gridlines.  Is there such a stylesheet or some other way of making gridlines for a table?

Pham, Ly-Huong T.

Thank you!  I agree having a style to select is more intuitive.  I look forward to having this feature soon.

Ly

Pham, Ly-Huong T.

Joshua,  could you point me to where in the blog note that shows how the gridlines are created?  I tested a table, ran the accessibility, and still see no gridlines after the accessibility checker was done.  Thanks!

Ly

Delmar Larsen

It is not in there. I have been meaning to built those styles for awhile, but got sidetracked with building all the other parts of the LibreVerse. I will get it up this week for you.

Delmar

On 11/7/2022 8:46 PM, Pham, Ly-Huong T. wrote:
Joshua,  could you point me to where in the blog note that shows how the gridlines are created?  I tested a table, ran the accessibility, and still see no gridlines after the accessibility checker was done.  Thanks!

Ly

Please if you would let us know if you are using LibreTexts in your class: https://adopt.libretexts.org
Weekly Libretexts Office Hours Zoom meetings (open to all) on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 am (PDT): https://officehours.libretexts.org/

Request Instructor Account: https://register.libretexts.org/
Request Harvesting of OER Resource: https://harvest.libretexts.org/
Full Construction Guide: https://construct.libretexts.org/
Construction Forum: https://libretexts-constructionforum.groups.io/g/main
RealTime Chat: https://chat.libretexts.org

Joshua Hori

Thanks for that styles update Delmar.

Ly, we’ve tried to make accessibility as easy as possible to implement for authors. Although the gridlines are more CSS styles than accessible coding. You should be able to paste excel tables into pages and our checker will do the rest.

Table captions allow screenreaders to jump between tables and know which table they’re interacting with.

Table summaries are instructions for interacting with table data. If needed.

~ Joshua

From: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io> on behalf of Delmar Larsen via groups.io <delmar@...>
Date: Monday, November 7, 2022 at 9:05 PM
To: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io>

[...]

Is there an ETA for this topic, "CSS standards to allow picking a style for tables"?

Thanks,

Ly