From: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io> On Behalf Of pbmac
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2020 5:24 PM
To: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io
Subject: [Libretexts-ConstructionForum] H5P and LibreTexts

Warning: This email did not originate from the MCC Employee Email system. Please do not open attachments, click on links, or provide your credentials if the source is suspicious.

I just watched the video from Open Education Week. How do I gain the access necessary to publish H5P content in my LibreText courses? Do I need to have a paid account on H5P, or is it enough to work through the LibreText account?

Pat

Patrick McClanahan

Paul - thank you for the reply. I am afraid though that I am not sure how to accomplish either option. When you refer to the "free account", are you referring to a h5p.org account? NOt sure I understand "the H5P official one or LibreText's account"...I am in need of a bit more detail.

Thanks again...
Pat

You can create it in a free account, either the H5P official one or LibreText’s account, if you have access.  Then we can add it into the LibreText H5P server and link to it from your textbook.

Paul

Warning: This email did not originate from the MCC Employee Email system. Please do not open attachments, click on links, or provide your credentials if the source is suspicious.

I just watched the video from Open Education Week. How do I gain the access necessary to publish H5P content in my LibreText courses? Do I need to have a paid account on H5P, or is it enough to work through the LibreText account?

Pat

Seeburger, Paul (Mathematics)

Hi, Pat!

It appears that we can use the Libretext H5P server to create H5P content as well as to host it there for inclusion in our books.  Please ask Delmar if you do not yet have an account on this server and wish to create content on it.  You’ll need an account if you wish to upload content there anyway, unless they have another process in place to handle this.

But so far I have used my account on h5p.org to create and edit content that I then downloaded and then uploaded onto the Libretext H5P server.  Then it’s fairly straight-forward to link these into a page of a LibreText.

The nice thing about using that server is that there is a lot of documentation and there are many examples shown there.

H5P is exciting to use, but I can’t speak from much experience yet.  I have created only a few of these H5P questions so far.

Paul

You can create it in a free account, either the H5P official one or LibreText’s account, if you have access.  Then we can add it into the LibreText H5P server and link to it from your textbook.

Paul

Warning: This email did not originate from the MCC Employee Email system. Please do not open attachments, click on links, or provide your credentials if the source is suspicious.

I just watched the video from Open Education Week. How do I gain the access necessary to publish H5P content in my LibreText courses? Do I need to have a paid account on H5P, or is it enough to work through the LibreText account?

Patrick:

I made an account for you on the H5P server (look for an email). The steps need to be a little streamlined, but you can review them here:

https://chem.libretexts.org/Courses/Remixer_University/Construction_Guide/05%3A_Interactive_Elements/5.9%3A_H5P

On 4/11/2020 6:02 PM, Patrick McClanahan wrote:
[...]

Request Instructor's account via https://tinyurl.com/Register4Libre

Anna Mills

Thanks for this thread.  I would also like to start using the LibreTexts H5P Wordpress site if it's possible to add me.
Thanks!
Anna