Gridline in table? #Figures #Formatting #templates

moja@...

I'm trying to show a table in correct APA Style, which requires a grid line under the last row of numbers.  Is there a way to add gridlines to the tables?  If not, I can add it as a figure/picture.
--
Michelle Oja, Ph.D.
Taft College

Delmar Larsen

yes, Let me pull it up. It may require editing the HTML though.
Please don't take pics of tables. That breaks accessibility guidelines.

Suzanne Wakim

I figured out how to get lines - but it's pretty clunky.  You need to add the following to each <td> element.  As in, you need to go into the html and find each <td> and add this to the very end

style="border:1px solid black;"

example:

It would be lovely if there was an easier way.   I also need to have some tables entirely white (rather than striped).  The code isn't working for that.  Any ideas?

I need it for table 2 on this page: https://bio.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/Human_Biology/Book%3A_Human_Biology_(Wakim_and_Grewal)/08%3A_Inheritance/8.5%3A_Complex_Inheritance

The band in the middle makes the pictures look weird.  White would look better.  Not a bit deal if it's not possible.

Delmar Larsen

I can probably make a bot. Although I would prefer to set this up with CSS. I never knew about this.

moja@...

On Sat, Apr 3, 2021 at 02:23 PM, Suzanne Wakim wrote:
td style="border:1px solid black;"
Thanks!  I only needed one line on the bottom, so I was able to use your code on the final "Note" row, and that worked well enough.  A few more lines than needed for APA Style, but that's better than a missing element!

--
Michelle Oja, Ph.D.
Taft College
Behavioral Statistics (Statistics for the Social Sciences)

Delmar Larsen

If people want to throw into this thread their preferences for table styles, I can build them and you just have to select the one you want in the table properties. No need to edit the HTML for this sort of thing (let the system's CSS system handle it for you).

moja@...

That'd be cool!

APA Style requires the last row to have a gridline on the bottom (or the row before the Notes), so an option to underline a cell or row would be nice.  An option to have all gridlines visible would work for that and other situations.

I like your thinking!

--
Michelle Oja, Ph.D.
Taft College
Behavioral Statistics (Statistics for the Social Sciences)

Delmar Larsen

I doubt this will be a problem. Give me a few weeks to address or I will hand off to someone to team to get it out there soon. The platform is designed for this flexibility. I just have to flesh out the different table styles.

Delmar