embedding ChemCollective virtual labs

Robert Belford

I think this is directed to Henry, but next week we are going to do 4 virtual labs and I am setting things up now.  I have two questions.

(1) What is the best way to embed the virtual lab?  (Realize things have changed so many times that I am probably doing the right way, three years ago).

(2) Is there going to be an issue with 4 labs on the same LibreText page, or should I load them on different pages (a separate page for each activity).

I am plowing ahead, but it would be great if we could communicate and I could do this in the most sensible and up-to-date manner possible.

thanks,

OK, Here is where I am.

(1) I took this as a template, as I believe it is the most recent one we used.

All the others on this page have a different template

I then took the "assignment path" of the second script and put it into the "Problem" of the the first script, and that seems to be the best way to run these, but one of my students who is helping me still had the default load a few times from her home, which has poor internet connectivity.

As for multiple labs on the same page, only the first loads correctly, and I have no problem making a special page for each lab activity.

So I think I have things under control, but please let me know if there is a better way to be doing this.

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 11:08 AM Robert Belford via groups.io <rebelford=ualr.edu@groups.io> wrote:
I think this is directed to Henry, but next week we are going to do 4 virtual labs and I am setting things up now.  I have two questions.

(1) What is the best way to embed the virtual lab?  (Realize things have changed so many times that I am probably doing the right way, three years ago).

(2) Is there going to be an issue with 4 labs on the same LibreText page, or should I load them on different pages (a separate page for each activity).

I am plowing ahead, but it would be great if we could communicate and I could do this in the most sensible and up-to-date manner possible.

thanks,

I think it is semantically a good idea to make different labs on different pages. It keep student thinking within a framework that they are building in their brain.

I think the template (available under templates) for the Vlab has all the JS code from the older pages. If it works as you like, then we should gut them and update to the current template.

Please if you would let us know if you are using LibreTexts in your class: https://adopt.libretexts.org
Weekly Libretexts Office Hours Zoom meetings (open to all) on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 am (PDT): https://officehours.libretexts.org/

Request Instructor Account: https://register.libretexts.org/
Request Harvesting of OER Resource: https://harvest.libretexts.org/