Basic question about building a book

Suzanne Wakim

I am building a book from scratch and ran into an oddity when I create chapters.  The first page of the chapters look different (I've attached an image showing this).  They are both "chapters" and the same code shows up when I click "edit" - {{template.ShowOrg()}}

The only difference is that chapter 1 was created from the sandbox and chapter 6 from the remixer.  But, I have another chapter that was built from the remixer that looks like chapter 1 (and others that looks like chapter 6).  What am I doing differently and how do I get them all to be the same?

Josh Halpern

There is a button that has to be switched (see attached gif) ;)

Josh

On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 9:30 AM Suzanne Wakim <wakimsu@...> wrote:
I am building a book from scratch and ran into an oddity when I create chapters.  The first page of the chapters look different (I've attached an image showing this).  They are both "chapters" and the same code shows up when I click "edit" - {{template.ShowOrg()}}

The only difference is that chapter 1 was created from the sandbox and chapter 6 from the remixer.  But, I have another chapter that was built from the remixer that looks like chapter 1 (and others that looks like chapter 6).  What am I doing differently and how do I get them all to be the same?

jhalpern@...

Please if you would let us know if you are using LibreTexts in your class: https://adopt.libretexts.org
Weekly Libretexts Office Hours Zoom meetings (open to all) on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 am (PDT):
https://officehours.libretexts.org/

Request Instructor Account: https://register.libretexts.org/
Request Harvesting of OER Resource: https://harvest.libretexts.org/
Full Construction Guide: https://construct.libretexts.org/
Construction Forum: https://libretexts-constructionforum.groups.io/g/main
RealTime Chat: https://chat.libretexts.org

Suzanne Wakim

Thank you :)

Delmar Larsen

Yes. Same code, but different presentation. The tabbed version lets you show the page in different ways (E.g., popularity, tags, etc), most of which I deactivated for users. The second is when you select "Single" for the Guide listing on the page settings.