Anchoring #Formatting #referencing #templates

moja@...

Hi all,

I saw in a webinar sometime how to anchor, but I can't figure it out now.  I've created an anchor and named it, but I don't know how to link to it from another section of the text.  I'm not sure where to look in the Construction Guide or the training pages; can someone point me in the correct direction?  Right now, I'm just linking back to the whole page.

Thanks!
--
Michelle Oja, Ph.D.
Taft College

smmuller@...

If you scroll to the bottom of the link menu, there's a section that says "Jump to anchor or section:"

If you open that drop down menu, there's a section for any anchors on the selected page.

Then you just select the anchor you want and click save link.
The construction guide mentions it, but it's kind of hidden in the equations section:
https://chem.libretexts.org/Courses/Remixer_University/LibreTexts_Construction_Guide/04%3A_Advanced_Editing/4.05%3A_Adding_and_Editing_Equations#Interpage_Numbering_and_Referencing_of_Equations

Josh Halpern

Hi Michelle,

Having established the anchor, in the editor select the text you want to link to the anchor, then click on the link symbol in the blue editor bar or go <cntl> K. The dialog will appear

image.png
Fill in the url for the page with the anchor you want (you can use the search to find the url by entering the title of that page). Pull down the menu from Jump to anchor or section, and click on the section or anchor. All sections labelled by headings will appear as well as all anchors. Once you get the hang of the Search and Browse it is pretty easy

Josh

On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 1:07 PM moja via groups.io <moja=taftcollege.edu@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

I saw in a webinar sometime how to anchor, but I can't figure it out now.  I've created an anchor and named it, but I don't know how to link to it from another section of the text.  I'm not sure where to look in the Construction Guide or the training pages; can someone point me in the correct direction?  Right now, I'm just linking back to the whole page.

Thanks!
--
Michelle Oja, Ph.D.
Taft College
Behavioral Statistics (Statistics for the Social Sciences)

--
Best
Josh Halpern

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/LibreTexts

Tuesdays (
https://zoom.us/j/380504419) at 9:00am (PDT)

Thursdays (https://zoom.us/j/662384088) at 9:00am (PDT)

Full Construction Guide: https://tinyurl.com/LibreConstructionGuid

Construction Forum https://libretexts-constructionforum.groups.io/g/main

Discipline Specific Forums https://tinyurl.com/LibreAreaForums

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/LibreTexts

moja@...

It worked!  Thanks, Josh!  I wasn't going to the page with the anchor on the search screen first.