A teaser on the new citation/reference system

Delmar Larsen

Dear all:

FYI. A new citation/reference system will be operational on the LibreTexts libraries soon. We expect a beta-version to be operational next week. This will enable authors and developers to add citations from a local or global reference repositories to address scholarly activities.

The accessible blibliographies will be dynamically generated and will be available in six different styles (e.g., MLA, APA, Chicago, ACS etc) that authors can pick (and probably readers can override). This will allow for footnotes/comments too.

We have been wanting this system for a few years now and the dev team is excited about being able to roll this out on our platform.

A key aspect is the enable this to be powerful and flexible so that pages can still be remixed without issue (or even content copies and pasted).

Regards,

Please if you would let us know if you are using LibreTexts in your class: https://adopt.libretexts.org
Weekly Libretexts Office Hours Zoom meetings (open to all) on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 am (PDT): https://officehours.libretexts.org/

Request Instructor Account: https://register.libretexts.org/