Attributions #Licensing #referencing

moja@...

I have a couple of questions about attributions, and think that the forum might work better than Officer Hours?  We'll see!

First, I'm building my Remix Map, and it looks like that I'll be combining a couple of other authors' Pages in many sections.  From my understanding, I'll use one Page as the primary one, then fork it and copy/paste from another authors' Page.  How do I make sure that the second author gets attributed?

Second, I'm curious about attributions when I radically change someone else's Page.  Will it still be attributed to them?  How should I show attribution to myself?  If I change it so much that it's not recognizable as their prior work, what should the attribution look like?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
--
Michelle Oja, Ph.D.
Taft College

moja@...

Ack, I just realized that some of the Pages that I want to mash together have different licenses/copyright!  So I'll have to choose only one. :/

But that still leaves my second question about best practices for attributions when my own work is combined with (and maybe overwhelms) the original Page's author.
--
Michelle Oja, Ph.D.
Taft College
Behavioral Statistics (Statistics for the Social Sciences)

Josh Halpern

My solution to the attributions problem was to put a section at the bottom of each page

image.png
This is also what Lumen does. Delmar is working on something more automated.

The mashing issue is difficult as some licenses are not compatible. Again, here there is something in the works that may help where each paragraph can carry it's own license (Delmar calls this spray painting, but until then you may be forced to separate the incompatible parts onto different pages. CC has a wiki page on this

image.png

Best
Josh Halpern
jhalpern@...
Twitter: @JoshHalpern5

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/LibreTexts

Tuesdays (
https://zoom.us/j/380504419) at 9:00am (PDT)

Thursdays (https://zoom.us/j/662384088) at 9:00am (PDT)

Full Construction Guide: https://tinyurl.com/LibreConstructionGuid

Construction Forum https://libretexts-constructionforum.groups.io/g/main

Discipline Specific Forums https://tinyurl.com/LibreAreaForums

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 8:44 PM moja via groups.io <moja=taftcollege.edu@groups.io> wrote:
Ack, I just realized that some of the Pages that I want to mash together have different licenses/copyright!  So I'll have to choose only one. :/

But that still leaves my second question about best practices for attributions when my own work is combined with (and maybe overwhelms) the original Page's author.
--
Michelle Oja, Ph.D.
Taft College
Behavioral Statistics (Statistics for the Social Sciences)

Traditionally yes. However, our new LibreLens automatic attribution tracker is designed to handle the mixing licenses on the same page that don't play well. There won't be a single license for the page though. We will showcase this next week at OEWeek.

Too daunting. The new Permissions Modulated Editing just does it automatically (one fully operational).

If you are an instructor or student using LibreTexts in your class it would help us greatly if you would fill out this form: http://tinyurl.com/AdoptionLibre

Request Instructor's account via https://tinyurl.com/Register4Libre
Request harvesting of OER resource into LibreTexts via https://tinyurl.com/HarvestRequest

Full Construction Guide: https://tinyurl.com/LibreConstructionGuide