help with video

Robert Belford

Hi All,

I am trying to embed this video to start at this time,

But I am stuck.

I only want the last part of the video, not the whole thing.  Any advice?

Thanks,

What doesn't work?

Robert Belford

If you go to this page (which is not open to the public),

You see it embedded twice, and I am trying to get it to start at the 99 second mark, but it starts at the beginning.  I just made a copy that starts at the time I want, but I really want to be able to embed videos that start at specific times as we are making a bunch of Google Sheet Tutorials and would like to be able to direct people to specific timeline along the tutorials.

CHeers,
Bob

Cheers and thanks,
Bob

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 1:37 PM Delmar Larsen via groups.io <delmar=libretexts.org@groups.io> wrote:
What doesn't work?

Maybe something like this? Also I can use TechSmith SnagIt or Camista or if you get totally crazy, capture the section you want on Zoom. The clipped video can then be uploaded to a Dropbox or YouTube or some other repository

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/azUuxhclcm0?start=60&amp;end=120" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 2:46 PM Robert Belford <rebelford@...> wrote:
If you go to this page (which is not open to the public),

You see it embedded twice, and I am trying to get it to start at the 99 second mark, but it starts at the beginning.  I just made a copy that starts at the time I want, but I really want to be able to embed videos that start at specific times as we are making a bunch of Google Sheet Tutorials and would like to be able to direct people to specific timeline along the tutorials.

CHeers,
Bob

Cheers and thanks,
Bob

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 1:37 PM Delmar Larsen via groups.io <delmar=libretexts.org@groups.io> wrote:
What doesn't work?

Best
Josh Halpern
jhalpern@...
Twitter: @JoshHalpern5

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/LibreTexts

Tuesdays (
https://zoom.us/j/380504419) at 9:00am (PDT)

Thursdays (https://zoom.us/j/662384088) at 9:00am (PDT)

Full Construction Guide: https://tinyurl.com/LibreConstructionGuid

Construction Forum https://libretexts-constructionforum.groups.io/g/main

Discipline Specific Forums https://tinyurl.com/LibreAreaForums

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/LibreTexts

Robert Belford

Thanks Josh,

I saw that code, but figured it was killing everything after the question mark, but that code worked, and I am good to go.  It is actually better than what I am looking for right now, as I am trying to just use the end of this video, but with the start and stop time, I can use snippets within videos.  Our next question is to throw in an H5P question, as one of the jars was mislabeld :-)
That's great.
Thanks

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 2:16 PM Josh Halpern via groups.io <jhalpern=libretexts.org@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Nah. I had this discussion with MIndtouch. It should work or I submit a bug issue. Please do not embed videos in this way since it will not print up properly in PDFs.

If you are an instructor or student using LibreTexts in your class it would help us greatly if you would fill out this form: http://tinyurl.com/AdoptionLibre

Request Instructor's account via https://tinyurl.com/Register4Libre
Request harvesting of OER resource into LibreTexts via https://tinyurl.com/HarvestRequest

Full Construction Guide: https://tinyurl.com/LibreConstructionGuide
Construction Forum https://libretexts-constructionforum.groups.io/g/main
Discipline Specific Forums https://tinyurl.com/LibreAreaForums
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/LibreTexts

Robert Belford

I won't do it any more, but need it over the next two weeks for lab, unless it snows, which means three week.  But I actually did check, and to my surprise it did generate a QR code, although I understand it may get cut across page breaks.  Please submit a bug issue, as this is a very valuable feature.

Thanks,
Bob

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 2:48 PM Delmar Larsen via groups.io <delmar=libretexts.org@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

I will review and if a bug exists, I will submit.