Attributions #Figures

ajt320@...

Is it necessary to attribute photos that are Public Domain? Also, if some of the figures I want to use are from ChemLibre do they need to be attributed? Thanks!

Delmar Larsen

It is not legally required to attribute public domain, however, it is good practice to do so.

Most of the figures on the LibreTexts platform are Creative Commons license which require attribution as per the requirements of the license the original creator ascribed to it. We, nor anyone other than the creator, can revoke that requirement.

Patrick McClanahan

I use the Open Washington attribution builder https://www.openwa.org/attrib-builder/ to create my attributions...it does have a Public Domain option. Using that tool helps all of my attributions look and feel the same, no matter what the licensing is.
Pat

Patrick McClanahan
Professor of Computer Science
Science and Math 252
San Joaquin Delta College
Stockton, CA
(209) 954-5323

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Delta College. Do not click links, open attachments, or reply to emails unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

It is not legally required to attribute public domain, however, it is
good practice to do so.

Most of the figures on the LibreTexts platform are Creative Commons
license which require attribution as per the requirements of the license
the original creator ascribed to it. We, nor anyone other than the
creator, can revoke that requirement.

Delmar Larsen

yeah, we wanted to rebuild this attribution to be a bit more customized, but it is a good basis.

Delmar

If you are an instructor or student using LibreTexts in your class it would help us greatly if you would fill out this form: http://tinyurl.com/AdoptionLibre

Request Instructor's account via https://tinyurl.com/Register4Libre
Request harvesting of OER resource into LibreTexts via https://tinyurl.com/HarvestRequest