Contour integral symbol not displaying in equations #mathjax

Sadia Mahtaban

The contour integral symbol does not display when used in equations. The Latex code shows correct when using Mathpix, but on the Libretext page, double and triple contour integrals do not display the symbols. The code and page pics are attached.
Link to page

0.5 \oiint_{\mathrm{A}} \overline{\mathrm{\underline S}} \bullet \hat{n} \mathrm{da}+\oiiint_{\mathrm{V}}\left[\left\langle\mathrm{P}_{\mathrm{d}}(\mathrm{t})\right\rangle+2 \mathrm{j} \omega\left(\mathrm{W}_{\mathrm{m}}-\mathrm{W}_{\mathrm{e}}\right)\right] \mathrm{d} \mathrm{v}=0

Thank you,
Sadia

smmuller@...

Based on these stackexchange posts (here, and here), it looks like you would have to install a separate package to support those. I have no idea how you would do that, but I know that Libretexts added the mhchem extension so it's probably possible.
One workaround would be to just copy paste the unicode symbols for them (∯, ∰) into the equation - that's working for me in Libretexts.

0.5 ∯_{\mathrm{A}} \overline{\mathrm{\underline{S}}} \bullet \hat{n} \mathrm{da}+∰_{\mathrm{V}}\left[\left\langle\mathrm{P}_{\mathrm{d}}(\mathrm{t})\right\rangle+2 \mathrm{j} \omega\left(\mathrm{W}_{\mathrm{m}}-\mathrm{W}_{\mathrm{e}}\right)\right] \mathrm{d} \mathrm{v}=0

Josh Halpern

\int\hspace{-2ex}\int\hspace{-3ex}\bigcirc~  works. You have to back space to maintain distances

Best
Josh Halpern

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 3:16 PM smmuller via groups.io <smmuller=ucdavis.edu@groups.io> wrote:
Based on these stackexchange posts (here, and here), it looks like you would have to install a separate package to support those. I have no idea how you would do that, but I know that Libretexts added the mhchem extension so it's probably possible.
One workaround would be to just copy paste the unicode symbols for them (∯, ∰) into the equation - that's working for me in Libretexts.

0.5 ∯_{\mathrm{A}} \overline{\mathrm{\underline{S}}} \bullet \hat{n} \mathrm{da}+∰_{\mathrm{V}}\left[\left\langle\mathrm{P}_{\mathrm{d}}(\mathrm{t})\right\rangle+2 \mathrm{j} \omega\left(\mathrm{W}_{\mathrm{m}}-\mathrm{W}_{\mathrm{e}}\right)\right] \mathrm{d} \mathrm{v}=0

Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>

We will define the \oiiint code. So just use that for now and we can handle the specific code behind the scenes.