#Formatting #referencing #Formatting #referencing

blindsh@...

After working on my resource the past couple of days I have some small formatting questions.

I want to make the carbohydrate pathways at the top of this page not appear when clicked like they are now, but don't know/understand how these are formatted correctly.

https://med.libretexts.org/Courses/Kansas_State_University/Book%3A_Human_Nutrition_(Lindshield)/06%3A_Macronutrient_and_Alcohol_Metabolism/6.02%3A_Carbohydrate_Metabolism

I have a number of references where the hyperlinks can't be unlinked for some reasons. Here is an example.

https://med.libretexts.org/Courses/Kansas_State_University/Book%3A_Human_Nutrition_(Lindshield)/06%3A_Macronutrient_and_Alcohol_Metabolism/6.04%3A_Protein_Metabolism

Why are phytate, polyphenols and oxalate blue on this page? How to I normalize this to be consistent with formatting found throughout the resource.

https://med.libretexts.org/Courses/Kansas_State_University/Book%3A_Human_Nutrition_(Lindshield)/12%3A_Blood%2C_Bones_and_Teeth_Micronutrients/12.08%3A_Zinc

I noticed while cleaning up some references, that the number reference hyperlinks on some pages were to anchored references on some pages and just to the reference section on others. What is the difference between these options? Does the fact that this formatting is different on pages matter?

Thanks for the assistance.

smmuller@...

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 03:03 PM, <blindsh@...> wrote:
phytate
For the first page, it looks like the pathways are formatted as a definition list. The easiest way to fix it would be to just get rid of that - highlight the list, go to Elements, and click Definition List, and it should remove that formatting. (Unless you're asking how to edit the HTML/CSS/whatever controls that behavior?)

For the second page, you could try removing the http:// part of the link so you just have something like this:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/Kidney_section.jpg

For the third page, it looks like those words are formatted as headings. There's a heading section in the toolbar you can use to change them back to normal text, if you don't mind doing that manually for each word. (Unless you're asking how to change the heading formatting so it looks different?)

For the last question, do you have a page with an example?