#remix Images missing from remix across libraries #remix

Kevin Gilmore

I am a new user and am working my way through the Construction Guide. After putting together a partial remix map for a course, I created a new remix and pushed it into my sandbox as a Course Shell to see how the initial sections were taking shape. But, many of the images are not showing up. Here is the link for the shell...

https://eng.libretexts.org/Sandboxes/kg021@.../CEEG_445_Course_Shell_test

...and here is an example of where the images are not showing up.

https://eng.libretexts.org/Sandboxes/kg021@.../CEEG_445_Course_Shell_test/01%3A_Chemistry_Basics/1.03%3A_Forces_between_Molecules

If you have suggestions I would appreciate it. Also, my account is created in the Engineering library, but I hope to pull most of the material for this shell from the Chemistry library. It looks like I should have no problems reaching across libraries as long as I continue to reload the New Remix map that I started on. However, if there are reasons I should locate my account/sandbox/shells in the Chemistry library instead, that would probably be good to know now.
Thanks!

--

Kevin Gilmore
Civil & Environmental Engineering

Mark Baillie

I’ll also tag on to your thread here about Remixer challenges (I hope thats ok).

When I remixed from this page:

I ended up with a clone that doesn’t show the chapters on the main page unless I am logged in with my personal account.

Any idea why that is? Almost seems like a privelidge access issue, but I haven’t put any restriction on the page.

Also, even when I do see the chapter pages (when logged in to my account), the chapters don’t show the pages within the chapters from the book view. Here is the original page that I remixed from (see red circles for the preview of what’s inside the chapter):

And the remixed page when logged in:

Is there a preference to turn on to get the chapter squares to show the preview of what pages are within the chapter?

Mark Baillie, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry, Assistant Professor
https://ualr.edu/chemistry/
STEM Education Center, STRIVE Program Director
https://ualr.edu/strive/
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
501-301-4695

On Jul 17, 2020, at 12:39 PM, Kevin Gilmore <kg021@...> wrote:

[...]

Josh Halpern

The problem is that the figures were hotlinks to a wikibooks page that has disappeared. I found one of the two figures and will get the second as well as prettify, but I am in the workshop meetings so it will take a couple of hours (should be done today). The one that I fixed is now an image file in the Mindtouch system and I will take care of the second one on that page later and work my way through. You took the pages from a relatively old LibreTexts, which we had not gone back to and eliminated this issue.

Best
Josh Halpern

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 1:39 PM Kevin Gilmore <kg021@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi,  I think I found the issue

To change that,

Goto (old FORTRAN programmer) Page Setting in

and select detailed for the category listing display (the radio button right under the icon (you should compess your icons a bit for a better display . Took the liberty of doing that

Best
Josh Halpern

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 3:48 PM Mark Baillie <mtbaillie@...> wrote:
[...]

Sorry about that, it was not right. The problem was that there are chapters without pages 1. About MoSI and 2 People. If you remix so that there is a chapter 1. About MoSI and it has two pages 1.1 About MoDI and 1.2 people, then it works. I can do it for you if you wish

Best
Josh Halpern

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 4:27 PM Joshua Halpern <jhalpern@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for looking in to this. We intentionally had the first two chapters without any pages within them. They are sort of landing pages. We would have just used pages for them, but they don’t show up in the layout with chapters. Is that not possible to have chapters that are content?

Maybe the answer is yes - can you do it and I can learn from what you do and see if it works?

On Jul 17, 2020, at 3:54 PM, Josh Halpern via groups.io <jhalpern@...> wrote:

[...]

<Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 1.02.38 PM.png>

And the remixed page when logged in:
<Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 1.01.30 PM.png>

[...]

I can see that you made the clone show the preview of the pages within the chapters now. Thank you! However, when I take the page and paste the url in an incognito tab (not logged in), I don’t see any of the showorg! Any idea why that is limited to me as a user?

On Jul 17, 2020, at 4:05 PM, Mark Baillie via groups.io <mtbaillie@...> wrote:

[...]

So I copied the book into my sandbox and modified it there

You should be able to see and modify it here. I can either change your text or simply move what is in my sandbox to the shell
Best
Josh Halpern

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 5:05 PM Mark Baillie <mtbaillie@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the assistance, Josh. I'll watch for this as I continue to work going forward.
Best,
-Kevin