Changing numbers in a list of questions #Formatting

Jasmine Keane

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a text right now that has questions listed as 1-7 for example but with have a text break after the third or fourth question, and I cant figure out how to add the non question text and keep the numbering accurate to the original source. The numbering automatically resets to 1. Is there anyway to get around that and force the question number to be a different one?

Thank you,
Jasmine Keane

Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>

Which page? Can you give a URL?

On 7/10/2020 11:15 AM, Jasmine Keane via groups.io wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm working on a text right now that has questions listed as 1-7 for example but with have a text break after the third or fourth question, and I cant figure out how to add the non question text and keep the numbering accurate to the original source. The numbering automatically resets to 1. Is there anyway to get around that and force the question number to be a different one?

Thank you,
Jasmine Keane

Request Instructor's account via https://tinyurl.com/Register4Libre
Request Team account via https://tinyurl.com/Register4Libre
Request Harvest or to donate OER content: https://tinyurl.com/HarvestRequest

Jasmine Keane

Patrick McClanahan

You can do this in the html...I have never figured a way to do this simply using the editor.

In html you can set it in the List Item tag for the question as:

<ol start="4">

  <li>Speedwalk Stu</li>

  <li>Saunterin’ Sam</li>

  <li>Slowpoke Rodriguez</li>

</ol>

Each of your items will start with <ol> - just insert the start="4".  Also - make sure to include the quotation marks

Pat

Patrick McClanahan
Professor of Computer Science
Science and Math 252