#Figures #Figures

Tianxin (Viatrix) Zhang

Good morning.

I am working on a project co-authored by many scholars. In some chapters, tables were labeled as "figure" whereas in other chapters they were labeled as "table". I am wondering whether I should uniformize the captions and use the table element, or just use the screenshot of the figures?

All the best,
Veronica

Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>

Tables should be labeled as "Table" and then renumber the figures accordingly. This often happens when people convert a table to a figure, which is bad practice for many reasons (accessibility is one of them).

Delmar

On 6/21/2020 11:15 AM, Tianxin (Veronica) Zhang via groups.io wrote:
Good morning.

I am working on a project co-authored by many scholars. In some chapters, tables were labeled as "figure" whereas in other chapters they were labeled as "table". I am wondering whether I should uniformize the captions and use the table element, or just use the screenshot of the figures?

All the best,
Veronica

Request Instructor's account via https://tinyurl.com/Register4Libre
Request Team account via https://tinyurl.com/Register4Libre
Request Harvest or to donate OER content: https://tinyurl.com/HarvestRequest

Tianxin (Viatrix) Zhang

I got it. Thank you very much.

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 11:34 AM Delmar Larsen via groups.io <dlarsen=libretexts.org@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Hi,

While I am adding captions to the tables, I met some problems.

As there are several combinations of the table(s) and texts, what should I do with those combinations, and what type of caption should I add to them?

Also, can we develop the caption below the tables? Some tables in my project have their own titles above the forms and captions below the entire table. The caption would be inserted between the title and the table with the current table caption format, which seems weird.

Delmar Larsen

I need to see an example. I would like the table title and caption to be added manually to the tables (right click) so we have the same format everywhere.