#remix #remix

mindy.carr@...

Where do I go to get a weblink for each section? Do I need to click each section of my remix for the link?

Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>

You can grab them from the TOC in your book, if it is added to the download center. If your remix is public, you can click on Batch on upper right of screen and the book will be consolidated with a Table of Contents added to the Front Matter. Right clicking on each link will help you out.

However, this is sort of annoying. If you are trying to get each URL for adding to your LMS, you can add directly via the Common Cartridge:

https://chem.libretexts.org/Courses/Remixer_University/Construction_Guide/08%3A_Disseminating_Texts_and_Course_Shells/8.01%3A_Importing_LibreTexts_into_a_LMS

Delmar

mindy.carr@...

Ok. Actually I want get the links to MyOpenMath first and then export MOM to Canvas. What is the easiest way to get the links to MOM?

Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>

That I do not know. I may suggest asking MOM (David Lippman) about. I didn't know you can embed links in MOM.

mindy.carr@...

Ok. Also, I think I'll abandon the idea of merging sections, so NO need to for naming like 3.1A and 3.1B as it creates more work. I will just restructure/modify the videos and practice problems for each lesson in MOM.
I'd still like to rename chapter and section to lesson though to avoid the confusion in case students refer to the original OpenStax. Thank you Delmar!

Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>

I will ask that Lesson be added to the list of names available. Did you want that term applied to both chapters an sections? Won't that get confusing?

mindy.carr@...

Edited

Hmm..You might be right. I don't want to make it confusing to readers. Then Chapter --> Lesson and Section --> Unit? What do you think? Any suggestions?
So my understanding is that you are adding those names of titles available so I can choose from the drop down menu?

Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>

I would do Chapter -> Units and Sections -> Lessons.

mindy.carr@...

Yes, Lessons makes more sense for smaller groups. That's what I'll do. Thank you.