#Formatting #Formatting

Anna Mills

Is there a way to remove automatic page breaks in the PDF and Lulu versions of a textbook?  I'm hoping to take out the automatic break after the list of sections in a chapter and the automatic break after each section.  Sometimes there seems to be an automatic break after a graphic.  I'd love to get rid of the white space and make sure not to waste paper.

I'm also wondering if there is a way to increase the font size on the main text of the book for easier reading.

I've checked the Contruction Guide page on publishing to Lulu XPress (https://chem.libretexts.org/Courses/Remixer_University/Construction_Guide/7%3A_Disseminating_Texts_and_Course_Shells/6.2%3A_How_to_Publish_to_Lulu_xPress).

Thanks for any ideas!
Anna Mills

Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>

On 11/23/2019 4:04 PM, Anna Mills wrote:
Is there a way to remove automatic page breaks in the PDF and Lulu versions of a textbook?  I'm hoping to take out the automatic break after the list of sections in a chapter and the automatic break after each section.  Sometimes there seems to be an automatic break after a graphic.  I'd love to get rid of the white space and make sure not to waste paper.

If you mean the extra space at the end of each page, then we won't be able to change that easily. We could combine all the pages together into a single page and then print, but we will have to change the autonumbering system. Perhaps, but not immediately.

I'm also wondering if there is a way to increase the font size on the main text of the book for easier reading.

Yes. We are planning to make custom CSS for each text to handle things like this. Give us a week or two.

I've checked the Contruction Guide page on publishing to Lulu XPress (https://chem.libretexts.org/Courses/Remixer_University/Construction_Guide/7%3A_Disseminating_Texts_and_Course_Shells/6.2%3A_How_to_Publish_to_Lulu_xPress).

Yes, this is before uploading to Lulu and is not mentioned in the Construction Guide.

Anna Mills

Thanks. Great that the font size may soon be flexible. As far as the extra space, I mean that multiple sections within a chapter could appear on one page.  After one section ends, another could start immediately below. I was also hoping that the sections could start right after the chapter's table of contents on the same page.