#remix #remix


swleacock@...
 

I have a Remix in progress that I started on Tuesday, which saves on my office computer. But if I log in to LibreTexts on another computer (my laptop), the Remix does not appear (just shows as a default Remixer with Chapters 1-5). I have tried repeatedly logging in/out of both computers. I am guessing there is a setting somewhere that I need to adjust, but I'm at a loss for what that could be!

Thanks,
Stefanie


Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>
 

The remixing maps are stored in the computer's cookies and do not transfer if one jumps to a different computer. They are not lost. Now, we will release a demo version of v2.0 today or tomorrow that you can use to save remixing maps (and distribute as you see fit). There are more powers to this new remixer.

Stay tuned.


Jason K. Moore
 

Not sure if this would work, but if you enable sync on your browser, it is possible that it will synchronize the cookies. Then you would see the changes on any computer as long as you are logged into your browser.

Jason K. Moore, PhD
Faculty, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department
University of California, Davis
faculty.engineering.ucdavis.edu/moore
jkm@...
530-752-4805



On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 8:41 AM Delmar Larsen via Groups.Io <dlarsen=libretexts.org@groups.io> wrote:
The remixing maps are stored in the computer's cookies and do not
transfer if one jumps to a different computer. They are not lost. Now,
we will release a demo version of v2.0 today or tomorrow that you can
use to save remixing maps (and distribute as you see fit). There are
more powers to this new remixer.

Stay tuned.





Dorte Madsen
 

The Remix is stored in your cookies, it is not associated with your account. The new version of the remixer that will be released very soon (it is in beta right now) allows you to save your remix and a file so you can share it between computers and with other people.

On 10/24/2019 8:38 AM, swleacock@... wrote:
I have a Remix in progress that I started on Tuesday, which saves on my office computer. But if I log in to LibreTexts on another computer (my laptop), the Remix does not appear (just shows as a default Remixer with Chapters 1-5). I have tried repeatedly logging in/out of both computers. I am guessing there is a setting somewhere that I need to adjust, but I'm at a loss for what that could be!

Thanks,
Stefanie
-- 
Dorte Madsen
LibreTexts Project Coordinator 

https://LibreTexts.org
The Future is Open

*********************************************************
Have a question about LibreTexts? Join us at the weekly Libretexts Office Hours
Zoom meetings (open to all):
 
  * Tuesdays (https://zoom.us/j/380504419) at 9:00am (PDT)
  * Thursdays (https://zoom.us/j/662384088) at 9:00am (PDT)

Interested in LibreTexts, join our email list LibreNet Commons  

at LibreNet-Commons@groups.io

The LibreNet Commons group provides a central spot for discussing current and future features of the LibreTexts project and the LibreNet consortium. The discussion group also facilitates organization of new construction teams (for faculty, students and instructional designers) for building custom designed texts within the LibreTexts libraries.


Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>
 

Ont the topic of Remixing. We have been teasing the release of the Remixer v2.0 for the past month. We can now share a demo version for mixologists to work with. The more powerful re-remixing capability will be ready to showcase @ #OpenEd19 on Tuesday (for admins only). You can check out Henry's magnus opus here:

https://chem.libretexts.org/Under_Construction/Sandboxes/Henry/Preview_Remixer

I am sure he will love to get feedback so feel free to try to break it.

Delmar


Anna Mills
 

Very cool!  Thanks!  Can this be used to bring chapters into my existing book from another book?


From: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io> on behalf of Delmar Larsen via Groups.Io <dlarsen@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2019 7:27 PM
To: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Libretexts-ConstructionForum] #remix
 
Ont the topic of Remixing. We have been teasing the release of the
Remixer v2.0 for the past month. We can now share a demo version for
mixologists to work with. The more powerful re-remixing capability will
be ready to showcase @ #OpenEd19 on Tuesday (for admins only). You can
check out Henry's magnus opus here:

https://chem.libretexts.org/Under_Construction/Sandboxes/Henry/Preview_Remixer

I am sure he will love to get feedback so feel free to try to break it.

Delmar





Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>
 

The reremixer will allow you to edit your existing text and remix (i.e., bring in) existing content into your book. It will be showcased next week, but my not be ready for primetime for non-admins since it is ...very powerful. That is, one can delete the entire library, so we need to careful look at permissions.


However, that doesn't mean I cannot do it for you (or with you) for now.

Delmar



On 10/24/2019 8:47 PM, Anna Mills wrote:
Very cool!  Thanks!  Can this be used to bring chapters into my existing book from another book?


From: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io> on behalf of Delmar Larsen via Groups.Io <dlarsen@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2019 7:27 PM
To: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Libretexts-ConstructionForum] #remix
 
Ont the topic of Remixing. We have been teasing the release of the
Remixer v2.0 for the past month. We can now share a demo version for
mixologists to work with. The more powerful re-remixing capability will
be ready to showcase @ #OpenEd19 on Tuesday (for admins only). You can
check out Henry's magnus opus here:

https://chem.libretexts.org/Under_Construction/Sandboxes/Henry/Preview_Remixer

I am sure he will love to get feedback so feel free to try to break it.

Delmar




-- 
Delmar Larsen, Ph.D.
LibreText, Founder & Executive Director
https://LibreTexts.org
The Future is Open

Weekly Libretexts Office Hours Zoom meetings (open to all): 
  * Tuesdays (https://zoom.us/j/380504419) at 9:00am (PDT)
  * Thursdays (https://zoom.us/j/662384088) at 9:00am (PDT)


Athena Kashyap
 

I confess I’ve been cutting and pasting—is this completely no-no or is it just more time efficient to use the remixer for small jobs?

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 8:55 PM Delmar Larsen via Groups.Io <dlarsen=libretexts.org@groups.io> wrote:

The reremixer will allow you to edit your existing text and remix (i.e., bring in) existing content into your book. It will be showcased next week, but my not be ready for primetime for non-admins since it is ...very powerful. That is, one can delete the entire library, so we need to careful look at permissions.


However, that doesn't mean I cannot do it for you (or with you) for now.

Delmar



On 10/24/2019 8:47 PM, Anna Mills wrote:
Very cool!  Thanks!  Can this be used to bring chapters into my existing book from another book?


From: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io> on behalf of Delmar Larsen via Groups.Io <dlarsen@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2019 7:27 PM
To: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Libretexts-ConstructionForum] #remix
 
Ont the topic of Remixing. We have been teasing the release of the
Remixer v2.0 for the past month. We can now share a demo version for
mixologists to work with. The more powerful re-remixing capability will
be ready to showcase @ #OpenEd19 on Tuesday (for admins only). You can
check out Henry's magnus opus here:

https://chem.libretexts.org/Under_Construction/Sandboxes/Henry/Preview_Remixer

I am sure he will love to get feedback so feel free to try to break it.

Delmar




-- 
Delmar Larsen, Ph.D.
LibreText, Founder & Executive Director
https://LibreTexts.org
The Future is Open

Weekly Libretexts Office Hours Zoom meetings (open to all): 
  * Tuesdays (https://zoom.us/j/380504419) at 9:00am (PDT)
  * Thursdays (https://zoom.us/j/662384088) at 9:00am (PDT)


Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>
 

The remixer v1.0 is a one time thing. The edits are done afterward. The remixer 2.0 will allow for adding new pages/chapters into existing books, but to edit the pages, you need to do it manually.

It depends on what you are doing.

Delmar

On 10/24/2019 9:07 PM, Athena Kashyap wrote:
I confess I’ve been cutting and pasting—is this completely no-no or is it just more time efficient to use the remixer for small jobs?

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 8:55 PM Delmar Larsen via Groups.Io <dlarsen=libretexts.org@groups.io> wrote:

The reremixer will allow you to edit your existing text and remix (i.e., bring in) existing content into your book. It will be showcased next week, but my not be ready for primetime for non-admins since it is ...very powerful. That is, one can delete the entire library, so we need to careful look at permissions.


However, that doesn't mean I cannot do it for you (or with you) for now.

Delmar



On 10/24/2019 8:47 PM, Anna Mills wrote:
Very cool!  Thanks!  Can this be used to bring chapters into my existing book from another book?


From: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io> on behalf of Delmar Larsen via Groups.Io <dlarsen@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2019 7:27 PM
To: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Libretexts-ConstructionForum] #remix
 
Ont the topic of Remixing. We have been teasing the release of the
Remixer v2.0 for the past month. We can now share a demo version for
mixologists to work with. The more powerful re-remixing capability will
be ready to showcase @ #OpenEd19 on Tuesday (for admins only). You can
check out Henry's magnus opus here:

https://chem.libretexts.org/Under_Construction/Sandboxes/Henry/Preview_Remixer

I am sure he will love to get feedback so feel free to try to break it.

Delmar




-- 
Delmar Larsen, Ph.D.
LibreText, Founder & Executive Director
https://LibreTexts.org
The Future is Open

Weekly Libretexts Office Hours Zoom meetings (open to all): 
  * Tuesdays (https://zoom.us/j/380504419) at 9:00am (PDT)
  * Thursdays (https://zoom.us/j/662384088) at 9:00am (PDT)
--
-- 
Delmar Larsen, Ph.D.
LibreText, Founder & Executive Director
https://LibreTexts.org
The Future is Open

Weekly Libretexts Office Hours Zoom meetings (open to all): 
  * Tuesdays (https://zoom.us/j/380504419) at 9:00am (PDT)
  * Thursdays (https://zoom.us/j/662384088) at 9:00am (PDT)