Labeling equations with multiple lines #Equations

Christina Yeo

I was trying to label and reference an equation with multiple lines that I formatted using \begin{aligned}, \end{aligned}, and \\ & but it didn't work out. This is what it looks like once I hit save. Does anyone know how to fix this or a better way to format such equations?

Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>

Try \begin{align} instead.

On 8/28/2019 11:47 PM, Christina Yeo wrote:
I was trying to label and reference an equation with multiple lines that I formatted using \begin{aligned}, \end{aligned}, and \\ & but it didn't work out. This is what it looks like once I hit save. Does anyone know how to fix this or a better way to format such equations?

Christina Yeo

This worked but it labels every line of the equation instead of just the last one. Would this be a problem or is it okay? Thank you for your help!

Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>

Leave it for now. This is a little tricky.

On 9/2/2019 7:12 AM, Christina Yeo wrote:
This worked but it labels every line of the equation instead of just the last one. Would this be a problem or is it okay? Thank you for your help!

Christina Yeo

Sounds good!