Students can edit pages in Canvas.

pbmac

I have 3 courses that I have exported from LibreTexts, and have imported into Canvas. As I was looking at the Canvas Modules I noticed I could still edit the Titles, and the Page info...I tried this in Student View and the student can still edit my pages. I am not sure why this is, or how to configure Canvas of LibreTexts so that students can't edit the pages in Canvas.
Pat

pbmac

Okay - the fact that I was logged into LibreTexts was the cause of that issue. I logged out of LibreTexts and there is not a problem on the Canvas side.

However, I notice that there are still some of the LibreText navigation bars in Canvas:

Students can click on the links and wander around LibreTexts...which isn't necessarily a bad thing - but I pretty much desire they concentrate on the class.

I have noticed that if I go into Canvas Modules (Libretext sections show up as sections of a Module) and select ANY of the Libretext sections the navigation bars are NOT present until you go to the next section.

Any thoughts??
Pat

pbmac

Sorry for the litany of emails here.

I noticed that if I use the Canvas "Prev" or "Next" button the nav bars do not show up - it is only if I click on the LibreText forward and backward links that the nav bars appear.

Can you share screenshots?

Delmar

On 8/22/2019 5:37 PM, pbmac wrote:
Sorry for the litany of emails here.

I noticed that if I use the Canvas "Prev" or "Next" button the nav bars do not show up - it is only if I click on the LibreText forward and backward links that the nav bars appear.
Pat

pbmac

So...here is what is in LibreText...and how it imports into Canvas

In Canvas I click on 1.1 Introduction to Information Systems in the Modules list and I see:

This is fine...how I expect it to look...

If I use the Canvas "Next" button at the lower right:

It moves to the Next page and all is well....not a problem.
BUT
if I click on the 1.1.A Components of an Information system portion of the screen from LibreTexts

Then my students will see - In addition to the 1.1A material - all of the navigation bar from the LibreTexts web site:

I hope this provides a bit more clarity....

Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>

We can probably hide the LT directional links if the page is viewed via an iframe (e.g., via canvas). We will look into this, but it won't be changed before classes start for you.

Delmar

On 8/23/2019 9:14 AM, pbmac wrote:
So...here is what is in LibreText...and how it imports into Canvas

In Canvas I click on 1.1 Introduction to Information Systems in the Modules list and I see:

This is fine...how I expect it to look...

If I use the Canvas "Next" button at the lower right:

It moves to the Next page and all is well....not a problem.
BUT
if I click on the 1.1.A Components of an Information system portion of the screen from LibreTexts

Then my students will see - In addition to the 1.1A material - all of the navigation bar from the LibreTexts web site:

I hope this provides a bit more clarity....

pbmac

Any thoughts on this issue?? Just trying to figure out the best way to provide for my students.
Pat

pbmac

I apologize - I had missed Delmar's response...