Transculding challenges #transclusion #remix

Mark Baillie

Thanks Delmar. I believe I could reorganize my course to move everything down a level - lots of the information ended up on guides instead of topic pages.

For the time being I think it will be best to make a copy of everything, and after this next workshop we’ll figure out how to move everything to the appropriate level. I would like to have the ability to keep the organization from the top down, if you think that would be possible, for future iterations on the “course”, so we can copy from one site to use for other sites running the workshop. Then we would only change embedded links such as list of participants, and other specifics for the institutions workshops.

Cheers,

Mark Baillie, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry, Assistant Professor
https://ualr.edu/chemistry/
STEM Education Center, STRIVE Program Director
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
501-301-4695

On Jun 2, 2019, at 3:06 PM, Delmar Larsen via Groups.Io <dlarsen@...> wrote:

Mark:

This is exactly the reason. The Remixer, when set to transclude, will tranclude "topic" pages only, but copy guides (Chapters) and Categories (Text or Units). We might be able to rig up a system to transclude Guides and Categories (maybe).

The Guides and Categories are more organizational pages (intended at least), while content is stored in Topic pages.

Mark:

This is exactly the reason. The Remixer, when set to transclude, will tranclude "topic" pages only, but copy guides (Chapters) and Categories (Text or Units). We might be able to rig up a system to transclude Guides and Categories (maybe).

The Guides and Categories are more organizational pages (intended at least), while content is stored in Topic pages.

Le take a look. One reason may be that the Remixer does not tranclude guide pages (i.e., chapters); only topic (sections)

On 5/31/2019 1:55 PM, Mark Baillie wrote:
Dear all,

I have generated a LibreText course, for a week long workshop that is run around the country. It is currently under “Bookshelves” in Social Sciences:

I tried using the Remixer University to take a couple of category from the course above, and put it in another location with the name “Test Transclude", but it appears that it is copied, not transcluded. Does anyone have suggestions for how to avoid copying and instead transcluding?

Here is a screenshot of the end product, which looks like it is not linked to the original.

When I click “edit”, it looks like a normal page that I can edit, which I don’t think is supposed to happen when properly transcluding, correct?

I think it should have the trasnclude symbol by the title like this image in the remixer instructions:
libretexts_section_complete_chem_sm_124.png

Thanks for your help in figuring out how to properly transclude!