Best way to add my own figures - upload to LibreTexts or somewhere else and link? #Figures #Licensing #Resources

Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>

Dawn:

We don't have a system to the same level as Wikicommons. However, we can hook up a Depot of sorts to house them (we have something on chemistry for the same reason), but it is not a mini-database like wikicommons.

Now that I think of it, if we make a page up for each image, we can then tap into the meta-tags infrastructure of the entire database including tagging licensing and descriptions and any other aspects of importance. Give me a few days to think about it and consult with others before opening it up for business.

Delmar

On 4/1/2019 7:22 AM, Dawn Sumner wrote:
I have several dozen images I want to integrate into my geo LibreText. I will use a number of them on multiple pages and it would help to have them tagged. Is there a way to create a "database" of images within the LibreText context? Or should I upload them elsewhere (like Wikimedia Commons) and link to them?
Thanks,
Dawn
Founder and Director of the LibreTexts libraries

Dawn Sumner

Edited

I have several dozen images I want to integrate into my geo LibreText. I will use a number of them on multiple pages and it would help to have them tagged. Is there a way to create a "database" of images within the LibreText context? Or should I upload them elsewhere (like Wikimedia Commons) and link to them?

I want them CC-BY-NC-SA licensed.

Thanks,
Dawn