trouble getting rid of parenthetical references at the end of multiline equations

Jing Yue Chen <djychen@...>

Hi all,

I am having trouble with trouble getting rid of parenthetical references at the end of multiline equations. I am using the \begin{align} and \end{align} format for these multiline equations so I can align them by the equal signs on each line, but I can't get rid of the references and I thought that wasn't supposed to happen as long as I use the \( \) format?? 

Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>

try adding \nonumber or \notag to the latex code

On 3/11/2019 1:17 PM, Jing Yue Chen wrote:
Hi all,

I am having trouble with trouble getting rid of parenthetical references at the end of multiline equations. I am using the \begin{align} and \end{align} format for these multiline equations so I can align them by the equal signs on each line, but I can't get rid of the references and I thought that wasn't supposed to happen as long as I use the \( \) format?? 

Seeburger, Paul (Mathematics)

​You can use the \begin{align*} and \end{align*} version to align without the equation numbering.

Paul Seeburger

Professor of Mathematics

Monroe Community College

1000 E. Henrietta Rd.

Rochester, NY  14623

585-292-2946

www.monroecc.edu/wusers/pseeburger  (Faculty webpage)

https://sites.monroecc.edu/multivariablecalculus/ (NSF Project website)

www.monroecc.edu/faculty/paulseeburger/calcnsf/CalcPlot3D/ (NSF Project Visualization JavaScript App)

From: Libretexts-ConstructionForum@groups.io <Libretexts-ConstructionForum@groups.io> on behalf of Jing Yue Chen <djychen@...>
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2019 4:17 PM
To: Libretexts-ConstructionForum@groups.io
Subject: [Libretexts-ConstructionForum] trouble getting rid of parenthetical references at the end of multiline equations

Warning: This email did not originate from the MCC Employee Email system. Please do not open attachments, click on links, or provide your credentials if the source is suspicious.

Hi all,