display error #mathjax

Dorte Madsen

Also note that \displaystye should not be used here, find details on when to use that code here (section "when editing math pages")

https://chem.libretexts.org/Courses/Remixer_University/LibreTexts_Construction_Guide/06%3A_Adding_and_Editing_Equations

Dorte Madsen

Hi Diana,
The (%) confuses things, I think. I am not sure what you goal is but try
\[\text{Output Gap (%)} = \frac {Y - Y_P}{Y_P} \times \:100\]
and let me know if that is what you are after

djychen@...

Hello,

I am having trouble getting an equation to display correctly, and I don't know whether it's a site error or my own mistake in the code. I have attached images of my code and the display below. Thank you!

my code:
\[\text{Output Gap}(%) = \displaystyle\frac {Y - Y_P}{Y_P} \times \:100\]

view the image for the displayed code.

Respectfully,
Diana