Bordermatrix Function

aamilkey@...

Does the LibreText site have a way to label columns and rows on matrices? The site didn't seem to support the version of the bordermatrix function that I found online:

\bordermatrix{ ~ & b & c \cr
1 & 2 & 3 }

Based on what I found online, it should produce a matrix that looks like this.

Thank you!

Alexandra

Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>

Alexandra:

This may help:

https://chem.libretexts.org/Courses/Remixer_University/LibreTexts_Construction_Guide/06%3A_Adding_and_Editing_Equations/LaTeX%2F%2FMathJax_Markup

Delmar

On 3/4/2019 2:28 PM, aamilkey@... wrote:
Does the LibreText site have a way to label columns and rows on matrices? The site didn't seem to support the version of the bordermatrix function that I found online:

\bordermatrix{ ~ & b & c \cr
1 & 2 & 3 }

Based on what I found online, it should produce a matrix that looks like this.

Thank you!

Alexandra

Founder and Director of the LibreTexts libraries

Dorte Madsen

Hi Alexandra,
Try this:
 \begin{array}{lrl} {} & {b} & {c} \\ {1} & {(2} & {3)}\end{array}

Dorte