Atribution best practices? #Figures

I've been wondering if we have a standard format for providing attributions for graphics? The Construction Guide doesn't really mention much: https://chem.libretexts.org/Courses/Remixer_University/LibreTexts_Construction_Guide/05%3A_Figures
Is there another guide somewhere?
Creative Commons seems cumbersome to me: https://wiki.creativecommons.org/index.php/Best_practices_for_attribution

Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>

Edited

Arnie:

Many of the texts/projects that are harvested have their own style. We preserve then since changing them is not at the top of our list of things to so. My preference is adding something like this to the caption:

"Image used with permission (CC BY-SA-NC 30 Unported; Delmar Larsen)."

I like the attribution to be next to the Figure Captions since they should always be associated with any use of the corresponding image. This is versus having the attributions in a special area for cross referencing.

Does this address your question?

Delmar

Jerry St. Clair

Using captions for attributions is fine for images embedded in page text.

What about the thumbnail images for categories/sections/topics?  They don't have captions.  The attribution could go in the page Summary, I suppose, but that is a bit clunky.  Any other suggestion?

Thanks,
Jerry

Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>

I add thumbnail captions to the page below the organization (since thumbnail are for organizational pages): See https://chem.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/Organic_Chemistry/Book%3A_Basic_Principles_of_Organic_Chemistry_(Roberts_and_Caserio)/01%3A_Introduction%3A_What_is_Organic_Chemistry_All_about

Delmar

On 6/2/2019 5:56 AM, Jerry St. Clair wrote:
Using captions for attributions is fine for images embedded in page text.

What about the thumbnail images for categories/sections/topics?  They don't have captions.  The attribution could go in the page Summary, I suppose, but that is a bit clunky.  Any other suggestion?

Thanks,
Jerry
LibreText, Found & Executive Director
https://LibreTexts.org