Re: linking to equations

Seeburger, Paul (Mathematics)

Bob,

These do work great within the same page and they do renumber appropriately when transcluded, etc.

But there is not a very good method in place yet (that I am aware of) for referring reliably to equations or theorems in other sections of a book.  I think anchors and links have been used, but it's somewhat fragile, as it only works within a single book and breaks (or behaves in a likely undesirable way) when transcluding sections.  That method also does not auto-renumber the equation labels.

Paul

Paul Seeburger

Professor of Mathematics

Monroe Community College