Re: General Format of Exercise Section

Preeti Chitre

thank you

From: Libretexts-ConstructionForum@groups.io <Libretexts-ConstructionForum@groups.io> on behalf of Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019 3:11 PM
To: Libretexts-ConstructionForum@groups.io
Subject: [Libretexts-ConstructionForum] General Format of Exercise Section

From Paul Seeburger:

Hello, Preeti!

I'll be glad to give you some direction on these.

At this point, I'd like to see the exercise sets collected in one page at the end of each chapter, although those in Chapter 3 seem to be at the end of each section.  If these are unedited, you can pull those out to a single page like the others, if you have time.

Then for each set, please number the problems consecutively starting at 1.  I believe every odd question in this book has an answer.  Please place these in hidden Answer code below each question where a solution is provided.

See the OpenStax Calculus Chapter 5 Exercises for an example: https://math.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/Calculus/Book%3A_Calculus_(OpenStax)/5%3A_Integration/5.E%3A_Integration_(Exercises)

Although not every section is fully edited, it is mostly done.  I've been working on that one.

I've noticed that the editing can be slow when using the whole chapter's exercises at once, so feel free to create Section by Section exercise pages first (maybe in the Homework Exercises area), and then copy and paste (or transclude) them together into a single page.  In fact, this sounds like a good plan... with the transclusion step making it easier to keep them edited, but also providing the sets in both individual and combined formats.

Also see the "When Editing Math Pages" guidelines on the following page: https://chem.libretexts.org/Courses/Remixer_University/LibreTexts_Construction_Guide/06%3A_Adding_and_Editing_Equations

Let me know if you have any questions.  I have two professors desiring to edit and adapt this Precalculus book, and one is using it this spring.

Thanks!

Paul

Paul Seeburger

Professor of Mathematics