Re: How to use the autonumberer correctly

Anna Mills

I think I figured it out, at least partially.  The Guide Depth is relative to whatever I choose to remix. If I set it to 1, any element of what I'm remixing will be a chapter. When I remix a whole book, the Guide Depth in the autonumberer settings should be set to 1 so that the chapters stay as chapters but anything below that depths is a page.
However, when I'm remixing just a chapter, I need to set the Guide Depth to 0 so that the chapter pages don't get turned into chapters.  Is that right?

Somehow now some of my chapters have pages that just have a single number prefix and others have the chapter number, followed by a period, followed by the page number.  Is there an efficient way to standardize this using the remixer?

Thanks!