Re: ISBN? #referencing

Delmar Larsen

That is a good question. The answer is not currently, but it isn't a problem to set it up (just some grunt work). The issue is that, technically, once a ISBN is established (and we need to make one for each form factor too to be in sync with standards), the textbook cannot be edited - or only topically. Hence, ISBN conflict with the dynamic nature of our texts, which often are constantly adjusting to student needs.

If you are willing to accept that (or working within Editions for your book), ISBN will work fine.

Delmar

On 9/21/2021 1:12 PM, moja via groups.io wrote:
Do the OER on Campus Bookshelves get ISBN numbers?  My bookstore is looking for an ISBN to adopt my OER textbook.
--
Michelle Oja, Ph.D.
Taft College

Please if you would let us know if you are using LibreTexts in your class: https://adopt.libretexts.org