How to compile book while building

Robert Belford

Hi All,

I am developing a lab manual and want to integrate a glossary into it while developing it.  What is the best way to do that?  I understand the glossary is in the back matter, and that is created when the book is compiled.  But should you compile a book that is being developed?  Also, I thought you could compile a book by the icon next to PDF/readability, but I am not seeing it.

My real question is what is the best practice for integrating a glossary while building a lab manual?  I was thinking I could just copy an existing one, and then modify the table to fit my needs.  So my second question is where is a good general chemistry glossary?