Multiple back browser button steps required

Mark Baillie

Hi yall,

I am remixing a page that seems to have an issue, which only appears on certain computers.

The issue is that when you click on a link, it seems to take you there 2 to 4 times. Here is what I see once I get to the page and right click on the “back” button in my browser for the one that seems to have taken you to Inclusivity 4 times!:

See how it shows the same site for the first 3 back options (that is the site I am currently on). On my browser (chrome on a MacBook Pro), it understands that these are duplicates and hence it sends me back 4 layers there to get back to the actual previous page. However, a colleague of mine has a PC running chrome, and her back browser button takes her back one step, and ends at the same page she is currently on. She has to go back 4 times to actually go back.

This is occurring for some of the pages we have, but not all of them.

Here are the trouble pages:

This is true on all clones we made from this parent site, which also has the same issue for the same 3 pages within it:

Any idea why it is creating these extra steps, and how to get rid of it? We are planning on making another 8 clones of this parent site, so hopefully we can remedy it before doing that.

Thanks!

Mark Baillie, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry, Assistant Professor
https://ualr.edu/chemistry/
STEM Education Center, STRIVE Program Director
https://ualr.edu/strive/
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
501-301-4695