Re: A way to search inside a specific LibreTexts book

Josh Halpern

There are two ways of doing this. One is to use the advanced search page

Another (which is the one Anna pointed to is to use search operators in the search line in google.com

you can create complex search strings using the operators that are given in her link.

For restricting the search to libretexts I have had better luck with duck duck go than google

Josh

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 9:22 PM Robert Belford <rebelford@...> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 6:01 PM Anna Mills <amills@...> wrote:
I just discovered that in addition to specifying that a Google search look only at LibreTexts.org results, we can specify which book to focus on by adding "inurl:" and part of the book's URL string.

For example, I can find pages in my book with keyword "claim" using this string:
claim site:libretexts.org inurl:Book%3A How Arguments Work

Cheers!
Anna Mills

Best
Josh Halpern