From: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io> on behalf of Robert Belford via groups.io <rebelford@...>
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2021 6:14 AM
To: main@libretexts-constructionforum.groups.io <main@libretexts-constructionforum.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Libretexts-ConstructionForum] Using Hypothesis for instructor feedback and teaching ideas

Hi Anna and all,

Here is a link to where I introduce hypothes.is to my general chemistry class, and there is a YouTube that introduces both LibreText and Hypothes.is to my students, and shows two paradigms for using hypothes.is.  Unfortunately, there was some "upgrade" (or something) to mindtouch, and it broke some of the functions that I use.

 I just contacted the people at Hypothes.is to see if they can help out, but right now the annotations are not showing in Libretext, but they show on other sites.  I'd be glad to communicate more, and have used the annotations in more complex courses that were co-taught across several campuses.  I could easily give you a whirlwind tour on Zoom,  but because they are private groups, I'd have to add you to each group to see, (I probably have thirty of them by now) and it would be quicker to just show it on Zoom.

Here is an article from before we had integrated Hypothes.is into Libretext that goes over the differences between annotations and  web 2.0 Blog-type comments,

Here is one after we integrated it into LibreText, but this is really about the intercollegiate courses, (that evolved into ones being hosted on LibreText)

Right now I am using hypothes.is to flip one of my classes in LibreText. There are only 17 students in that class and to date they have made 339 annotations on the class LibreText.

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 11:31 PM Anna Mills <amills@...> wrote:
Very cool! Thanks!