Re: Attributions #Licensing #referencing

Delmar Larsen

Too daunting. The new Permissions Modulated Editing just does it automatically (one fully operational).

On 2/24/2021 5:55 PM, Josh Halpern via groups.io wrote:
My solution to the attributions problem was to put a section at the bottom of each page

image.png
This is also what Lumen does. Delmar is working on something more automated.

The mashing issue is difficult as some licenses are not compatible. Again, here there is something in the works that may help where each paragraph can carry it's own license (Delmar calls this spray painting, but until then you may be forced to separate the incompatible parts onto different pages. CC has a wiki page on this

image.png

Best
Josh Halpern
Twitter: @JoshHalpern5

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/LibreTexts

Tuesdays (
https://zoom.us/j/380504419) at 9:00am (PDT)

Thursdays (https://zoom.us/j/662384088) at 9:00am (PDT)

Full Construction Guide: https://tinyurl.com/LibreConstructionGuid

Construction Forum https://libretexts-constructionforum.groups.io/g/main

Discipline Specific Forums https://tinyurl.com/LibreAreaForums

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/LibreTexts

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 8:44 PM moja via groups.io <moja=taftcollege.edu@groups.io> wrote:
Ack, I just realized that some of the Pages that I want to mash together have different licenses/copyright!  So I'll have to choose only one. :/

But that still leaves my second question about best practices for attributions when my own work is combined with (and maybe overwhelms) the original Page's author.
--
Michelle Oja, Ph.D.
Taft College

If you are an instructor or student using LibreTexts in your class it would help us greatly if you would fill out this form: http://tinyurl.com/AdoptionLibre