Re: Attributions #Licensing #referencing

Josh Halpern

My solution to the attributions problem was to put a section at the bottom of each page

image.png
This is also what Lumen does. Delmar is working on something more automated.

The mashing issue is difficult as some licenses are not compatible. Again, here there is something in the works that may help where each paragraph can carry it's own license (Delmar calls this spray painting, but until then you may be forced to separate the incompatible parts onto different pages. CC has a wiki page on this

image.png

Best
Josh Halpern
jhalpern@...
Twitter: @JoshHalpern5

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/LibreTexts

Tuesdays (
https://zoom.us/j/380504419) at 9:00am (PDT)

Thursdays (https://zoom.us/j/662384088) at 9:00am (PDT)

Full Construction Guide: https://tinyurl.com/LibreConstructionGuid

Construction Forum https://libretexts-constructionforum.groups.io/g/main

Discipline Specific Forums https://tinyurl.com/LibreAreaForums

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/LibreTexts

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 8:44 PM moja via groups.io <moja=taftcollege.edu@groups.io> wrote:
Ack, I just realized that some of the Pages that I want to mash together have different licenses/copyright!  So I'll have to choose only one. :/

But that still leaves my second question about best practices for attributions when my own work is combined with (and maybe overwhelms) the original Page's author.
--
Michelle Oja, Ph.D.
Taft College