Re: Interesting things happening...why??

Patrick McClanahan

It also seems that at least in one chapter of one book my attributions are all broken and the links gone.

Here is what they should look like - scroll to the bottome
BUT - in this chapter one of the other pages is broken
https://eng.libretexts.org/Courses/Delta_College/C_-_Data_Structures/01%3A_OOP_Concepts/1.05%3A_OOP_Abstraction
The LibreTexts libraries are Powered by MindTouch ® and are supported by the Department of Education Open Textbook Pilot Project, the UC Davis Office of the Provost, the UC Davis Library, the California State University Affordable Learning Solutions Program, and Merlot. We also acknowledge previous National Science Foundation support under grant numbers 1246120, 1525057, and 1413739.
eng.libretexts.org

Patrick McClanahan
Professor of Computer Science
Science and Math 252
San Joaquin Delta College
Stockton, CA
(209) 954-5323

From: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io> on behalf of Patrick McClanahan via groups.io <patrick.mcclanahan@...>
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 8:33 AM
To: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Libretexts-ConstructionForum] Interesting things happening...why??

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Delta College. Do not click links, open attachments, or reply to emails unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

So I just ran into this problem again....
1) On LibreText server I do NOT see the image at all

2) In Canvas (via Chrome browser) I do not see it either.

I have attached screen shots with browser console for both LibreText and Chrome

For now I have NOT fixed this one in case we need additional information
Pat

Patrick McClanahan
Professor of Computer Science
Science and Math 252
San Joaquin Delta College
Stockton, CA
(209) 954-5323

From: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io> on behalf of Henry Agnew via groups.io <hagnew@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 8:20 PM
To: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Libretexts-ConstructionForum] Interesting things happening...why??

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Delta College. Do not click links, open attachments, or reply to emails unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hmm the grey box usually indicates that the Mindtouch platform believes it is a broken/inaccessible image, even though when looking at the page normally we see them.

I see you had a previous thread going. Could you verify that all of these assertions are true?
  1. As far as you know, there have never been problems when viewing directly on the site.
  2. When viewing in Canvas, it used to be fine but stopped working.
  3. The issue remains broken unless you update the file, at which point it works again.
Assertion (2) would indicate that the iframing process may be generating the issue (various CORS issues), but this doesn't explain why updating the file fixes it. What would be most useful for me I think would be next time you see the issue would be to send me a screenshot of the Browser console (F12) since it should list any problems such as CORS. If this issue still isn't solvable, I am available for a Zoom so that I can see the issue and debug it directly.

At least with my Windows 10 computer with Chrome Version Version 84.0.4147.135 and then 85.0.4183.83, I was unable to personally replicate the issue both normally and when viewing through Canvas even though the issue obviously exists.

Let me know about this information and then we can move forward with debugging this!
-Henry Agnew

Join main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.