Re: Caption an image

Patrick McClanahan

Captions....I just need to know the html syntax - I tried and it made a mess...so I have something messed dup in my head about how the syntax works.
Pat

Patrick McClanahan
Professor of Computer Science
Science and Math 252
San Joaquin Delta College
Stockton, CA
(209) 954-5323

From: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io> on behalf of Delmar Larsen via groups.io <dlarsen@...>
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2020 1:26 PM
To: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Libretexts-ConstructionForum] Caption an image

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Delta College. Do not click links, open attachments, or reply to emails unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Definitions:

• Captions: Texts under an image to be wrapped together within a <figure> block. This is indicated via <figcaption</figcaption> sub-blocks. When you add a Figure template (under elements), the complete block is added.
  • Attributions: We use a "thin attributions" format for images. (License; Author vai Source) after the caption text (same line). Ideally, License, Author and Source are hyperlinks. Our bot can add the hyperlink to the caption if you use standard Creative Commons license forma (e.g., CC BY-SA 4.0 or CC BY-NV-SA 4.0); no need to be too rigid as we will get logical permutations. We will start this bot in a month or so
  • Alt-texts: Description for the visually impaired. This is a 140 character text added to the img code. You can access this by double clicking on the image to get the image properties and pasted in. Alternatively, you can add to the HTML directly.
Ideally, you will want all three of these. Which one are you asking about and I can try to make it easy for you.

Join main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.