Re: category question

Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>

On 4/7/2019 7:50 AM, rebelford@... wrote:
I am trying to include a welcome message on a category page, but can't get the LibreText background to disappear, even if I use a template like NOTE (which I am doing).  Here is the page

Those boxes are meant for topic pages primarily. I added a box that works for your purposes.

https://chem.libretexts.org/Courses/Intercollegiate_Courses/Cheminformatics_OLCC_(2019)

I tried text background (see the lines below the "show categories") with different size and used spaces before/after lines, but it is ugly!

I wish to put a "welcome message" on this category, and maybe a "Forward" to the entire course.  I can do that in a Guide, no problem, but the background of the category is really annoying.  How do we get rid of it, or embed an object that we can type text in?  The only other thing I can think of is to use an image of the text, but that does not seem the smart way to do this.

You don't want too much text in a category, it is just the front end (like the front page of a textbook).

But we are announcing this on several lists, and need to make the landing page explain what the course is about (and what an OLCC is).

Cheers,

Bob

-- 
Delmar Larsen, Ph.D.
Founder and Director of the LibreTexts libraries

Join main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.