Re: How should we license figures created for LibreTexts construction? #Figures #Licensing

Josh Halpern

The specific language in the RFP is

Open textbook means a textbook that
is licensed under a worldwide, nonexclusive,
royalty-free, perpetual, and
irrevocable license to the public to
exercise any of the rights under
copyright conditioned only on the
requirement that attribution be given as
directed by the copyright owner. An
open textbook resides in the public
domain or has been released under a
license that permits their free use, reuse,
modification, and sharing with others.

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 11:37 AM Delmar Larsen via groups.io <dlarsen=libretexts.org@groups.io> wrote:
Yes. That is the wording they introduced into the RFP. This was also a point of fighting in the new rounds too. The people that want everything to be free won a many of the "fathers of OER" are also trying to monetize OER. I am not a fan, but if we want to follow the rules, we need to use a CC BY for new content.