Re: How should we license figures created for LibreTexts construction? #Figures #Licensing

Kathryn Haas

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 08:13 PM, Delmar Larsen wrote:
CC BY
Wow... so do I understand this correctly? The Dept of Ed wants it to be ok for others to use LibreTexts content for COMMERCIAL purposes? This is the CC-BY license description I found at this website (click). It seems to me that -SA-NC appendages would be appropriate, no?

CC BY: This license lets others distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation. This is the most accommodating of licenses offered. Recommended for maximum dissemination and use of licensed materials.