Re: questions

Dorte Madsen

You can create a separate text and course shell for your second class.  If you saved the remixing map for the first book you can pull that in and edit it as necessary for your next class. Otherwise you can create the second book the same way you did the first one by pulling the original content into the remixer. Name it differently and you can create a separate text for that class.

On 2/25/2020 6:39 AM, Anne Cline wrote:

I’m  not quite ready to publish but it will be soon, thank you.  And as to the question of the other course.  I teach 2 different courses. One is more math intensive than the other. I would sort of like to use the framework (basic chemistry)  I already have remixed and add to it to customize it, but it is for an entirely separate course. 

Thanks for the info on the hub. I will look at them.

Anne Cline

Assistant Professor, Department of Science

611 Davis Hall

619 2nd Avenue Montgomery, WV 25136
Anne.Cline@...
Phone: 304-734-6644
BridgeValley Community and Technical College, with campuses in Montgomery and South Charleston and home of the Advanced Technology Center for South Central West Virginia, provides quality academic and workforce programs in high-demand technology, health, and business fields in addition to transfer education options for baccalaureate degrees.

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please delete it immediately. Any misuse or unauthorized disclosure may result in both civil and criminal penalties. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

From: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dorte Madsen via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 6:16 PM
To: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Libretexts-ConstructionForum] questions

Dear Anne,

Publishing will move your text into a BridgeValley Campus hub from where your students can access it. This "course shell" can contain just your custom text or you can use it for storing other material for your class as well.

For example, this is an example of the UC Davis Campus Hub on teh Chemistry library:

https://chem.libretexts.org/Courses/University_of_California_Davis

If you look at for example the UCD Chem 2BH: Larsen Course shell you will see that this instructor chose to post an agenda, homework, worksheets, and a lab manual as well as the text.

The UCD Chem 124L: Lab Manual is an example of a course shell that consists of just the text.

If you notice in these course shells there is a button (currently) called "downloads". Here you can access a full pdf of the entire book or get files that can be submitted to a printer to get a professionally printed copy of the book. We also have a bookstore which allows students to more easily get printed books but we still have to manually upload the books.

Are you planning on using the same exact book for two classes?

Hope this answered at least some of your questions and let me know if I can help you further. If your text is ready to be published let me know and I will move it into the Campus Hub for you.

Dorte

On 2/24/2020 11:37 AM, Anne Cline wrote:

I have several questions about the next steps in LibreTexts.

I have one class under construction (Consumer Chemistry at BridgeValley CTC) and I’m almost done with the remix. What does publishing actually do?  If I want to use this next semester (Fall) do I publish first? And then how do students access this?

What if they want a hard copy?

Also, I am considering using this for another different class.  I am unsure how to build a different book.  Do I just set up the remixer as with the first one and name it differently? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Anne Cline

Assistant Professor, Department of Science

611 Davis Hall

619 2nd Avenue Montgomery, WV 25136
Anne.Cline@...
Phone: 304-734-6644
BridgeValley Community and Technical College, with campuses in Montgomery and South Charleston and home of the Advanced Technology Center for South Central West Virginia, provides quality academic and workforce programs in high-demand technology, health, and business fields in addition to transfer education options for baccalaureate degrees.

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please delete it immediately. Any misuse or unauthorized disclosure may result in both civil and criminal penalties. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

From: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io <main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dorte Madsen via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 6:21 PM
To: main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Libretexts-ConstructionForum] Creating drafts

We just changed the setup so users create their remixes/texts in a sandbox area (not public) until they are ready for them to go public. If you send me information about what library you are working on I can change your account settings: dmadsen@...

Anne Cline
Assistant Professor

Image removed by sender. BridgeValley logo
619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery, WV 25316
Anne.Cline@...
Phone: 304.734.6644

BridgeValley Community and Technical College promotes student success, prepares a skilled workforce, and builds tomorrow’s leaders by providing access to quality education.

-- 
Dorte Madsen
LibreTexts Project Coordinator 

https://LibreTexts.org
The Future is Open

Have a question about LibreTexts? Join us at the weekly Libretexts Office Hours
Zoom meetings (open to all):

* Tuesdays (https://zoom.us/j/380504419) at 9:00am (PDT)
  * Thursdays (https://zoom.us/j/662384088) at 9:00am (PDT)

Interested in LibreTexts, join our email list LibreNet Commons

at LibreNet-Commons@groups.io

The LibreNet Commons group provides a central spot for discussing current and future features of the LibreTexts project and the LibreNet consortium. The discussion group also facilitates organization of new construction teams (for faculty, students and instructional designers) for building custom designed texts within the LibreTexts libraries.
-- 
Dorte Madsen
LibreTexts Project Coordinator 

https://LibreTexts.org
The Future is Open

Have a question about LibreTexts? Join us at the weekly Libretexts Office Hours
Zoom meetings (open to all):

* Tuesdays (https://zoom.us/j/380504419) at 9:00am (PDT)
  * Thursdays (https://zoom.us/j/662384088) at 9:00am (PDT)

Interested in LibreTexts, join our email list LibreNet Commons

at LibreNet-Commons@groups.io

The LibreNet Commons group provides a central spot for discussing current and future features of the LibreTexts project and the LibreNet consortium. The discussion group also facilitates organization of new construction teams (for faculty, students and instructional designers) for building custom designed texts within the LibreTexts libraries.

Join main@Libretexts-ConstructionForum.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.