Re: Front and Back Matter?

Mark Baillie

What is their purpose?

Mark Baillie, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry, Assistant Professor
https://ualr.edu/chemistry/
STEM Education Center, STRIVE Program Director
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
501-301-4695

On Dec 13, 2019, at 2:29 PM, Delmar Larsen via Groups.Io <dlarsen@...> wrote:

If you have uploaded your books to the Download center (via the meta-tag "Cover Page"), then they come up. We can erase them and flip the switch or "hide" them so no one can view them.

On 12/13/2019 12:27 PM, Mark Baillie wrote:
This fall I saw a number of my LibreText sites have a "Front Matter" and "Back Matter" page added. What are these, do we need them, and if not how do we get rid of them without having them automatically added again?

Here are two examples:
https://socialsci.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/Education_and_Professional_Development/Mobile_Summer_Institute_on_Scientific_Teaching/Generic
https://socialsci.libretexts.org/Courses/Mobile_Summer_Institute_on_Scientific_Teaching/UA_Little_Rock_MoSI

Thanks - mark