Re: Remixed text footnotes/references keep old numbering system #referencing #remix

Dorte Madsen

Thanks for pointing this out. When students transfer material numbering of references, figure numbers, and similar often end up being hard coded in as in this text. In your edited page you can simply change "28" to "1" so it doesn't look so strange.

On 9/23/2019 9:32 PM, Dawn Sumner wrote:
I remixed a text using books from OpenStax and a couple of other books. I forked it for editing. I have superscripts that refer to references, and those reference links were retained but with the old numbering system. It's not a problem for now, but is something that eventually needs attention.
--
Dorte Madsen
LibreTexts Project Coordinator

Have a question about LibreTexts? Join us at the weekly Libretexts Office Hours
Zoom meetings (open to all):

Interested in LibreTexts, join our email list LibreNet Commons

at LibreNet-Commons@groups.io

The LibreNet Commons group provides a central spot for discussing current and future features of the LibreTexts project and the LibreNet consortium. The discussion group also facilitates organization of new construction teams (for faculty, students and instructional designers) for building custom designed texts within the LibreTexts libraries.