Re: Remixed text footnotes/references keep old numbering system #referencing #remix

Dawn Sumner

https://geo.libretexts.org/Courses/University_of_California_Davis/UCD%3A_Geobiology_(Sumner)/Text/1%3A_What_is_life%3F/1.1%3A_What_is_life%2C_exactly%3F

I've edited the page and deleted most of the footnotes because the links were bad. I left #28 (but edited the content)

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 11:18 PM Delmar Larsen via Groups.Io <dlarsen=libretexts.org@groups.io> wrote:

Can you give me an example URL for me to take a look at?

Delmar

On 9/23/2019 9:32 PM, Dawn Sumner wrote:
I remixed a text using books from OpenStax and a couple of other books. I forked it for editing. I have superscripts that refer to references, and those reference links were retained but with the old numbering system. It's not a problem for now, but is something that eventually needs attention.

Dawn Sumner, Professor
Earth and Planetary Sciences
University of California, Davis